I just ate half a pint of Haagen Dasz cherry vanilla ice cream and watched Must Love Dogs. I'm having alone time. It's damn fun.
1. I wish I were as beautiful, graceful, skinny, and lovely as Diane Lane.
2. Did they make this movie to catch all the fans of Say Anything who are now in their thirties and early forties? Because the Lloyd Doblerness was evident--down to the long trenchcoat. And it still works.
3. Almost every scene ended with a quirky little one-liner. Didn't always work.
4. The acting felt very forced in many scenes.
5. Some parts were really stupid--the crew boat, Sarah jumping in the water, the Partridge Family song
6. Some part were genuinely funny--mostly John Cusack, once by Diane Lane
7. Overkill on the Dr. Zhivago
Overall, pretty good for a silly romantic comedy.