Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Tuesday in January

It's telling that I almost didn't remember the password to Blogger and first I put in the wrong email address.

Here's what I've been doing...

  • read all 4 Twilight books in one month
  • Christmas, Holidays, etc.
  • bemoaning the lack of snow in Central Virginia
  • working on my recipe project wherein I rip up five years of back issues of Cooking Light and Bon Appetit in order to make my own cookbook and recycle millions of magazines that have been sitting in a big bin and clogging up my kitchen
  • now I'm reading The Historian because Twilight set me off on a mini-vampire kick (nowhere near the extent of my Anne Rice forays of the 90s)
  • agonizing over the Kindergarten Decision (boy, summer birthday, September cut-off, etc.)
  • agonizing over moving, the timing of, work on the house, etc.
  • laundry
  • gaining ten pounds over December
  • thinking about learning scrapbooking
  • doing braids, pigtails, ponytails and barrettes in my almost two-year-old's growing long hair
  • cleaning out the house and making many trips to Goodwill--fun!! I think I'm the only one in the house without the packrat gene.

8 Comments:

Blogger nomadshan said...

Congrats on getting the magazines revamped into a cookbook. Will you do a review of The Historian? It's on my list. :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Itchy Bits said...

I've attempted the magazine recipe thing before ...I hope you have better results!! I have a list a mile long of books to read...if it wasn't for this internet thing I'd be making better progress. Did you sell your house?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

I've decided to ask for a Kindle for my birthday on the theory that if I keep it in my purse or diaper bag I'll actually get some reading done while I'm carpooling or whatever :)

I can not believe our two kiddos are nearly 2. Babyhood goes so much faster with the second, and I thought it went pretty fast the first time as well. Have fun with the hair styling - that's one thing I'm jealous of not having a girl!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

You want some snow? There is no shortage of it, here! Actually, I think we are in process of having our heaviest snowfall of the year... judging by the view outside the window, anyway!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Well, girls...I can't even tell you how nice it is to have such quick and lovely comments on a post after not posting forever and a day. You guys are awesome.

5:46 AM  
Blogger carrielaura said...

You are moving?

I tried the recipe thing too. It was partially successful. I used clear plastic page protectors and big binders. My mom went so far as to actually index hers with page numbers. I haven't gotten that far yet. Good luck!

10:53 PM  
Blogger carrielaura said...

i meant funkysmith! i'll probably start using my real name from now on! :)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Lesley said...

Well, you have been busy!

I love the cookbook idea - I may have to steal that one.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home