Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Tuesday in January

It's telling that I almost didn't remember the password to Blogger and first I put in the wrong email address.

Here's what I've been doing...

  • read all 4 Twilight books in one month
  • Christmas, Holidays, etc.
  • bemoaning the lack of snow in Central Virginia
  • working on my recipe project wherein I rip up five years of back issues of Cooking Light and Bon Appetit in order to make my own cookbook and recycle millions of magazines that have been sitting in a big bin and clogging up my kitchen
  • now I'm reading The Historian because Twilight set me off on a mini-vampire kick (nowhere near the extent of my Anne Rice forays of the 90s)
  • agonizing over the Kindergarten Decision (boy, summer birthday, September cut-off, etc.)
  • agonizing over moving, the timing of, work on the house, etc.
  • laundry
  • gaining ten pounds over December
  • thinking about learning scrapbooking
  • doing braids, pigtails, ponytails and barrettes in my almost two-year-old's growing long hair
  • cleaning out the house and making many trips to Goodwill--fun!! I think I'm the only one in the house without the packrat gene.

9 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Congrats on getting the magazines revamped into a cookbook. Will you do a review of The Historian? It's on my list. :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger ItchyBits said...

I've attempted the magazine recipe thing before ...I hope you have better results!! I have a list a mile long of books to read...if it wasn't for this internet thing I'd be making better progress. Did you sell your house?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

I've decided to ask for a Kindle for my birthday on the theory that if I keep it in my purse or diaper bag I'll actually get some reading done while I'm carpooling or whatever :)

I can not believe our two kiddos are nearly 2. Babyhood goes so much faster with the second, and I thought it went pretty fast the first time as well. Have fun with the hair styling - that's one thing I'm jealous of not having a girl!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

You want some snow? There is no shortage of it, here! Actually, I think we are in process of having our heaviest snowfall of the year... judging by the view outside the window, anyway!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Well, girls...I can't even tell you how nice it is to have such quick and lovely comments on a post after not posting forever and a day. You guys are awesome.

5:46 AM  
Blogger roamroller said...

You are moving?

I tried the recipe thing too. It was partially successful. I used clear plastic page protectors and big binders. My mom went so far as to actually index hers with page numbers. I haven't gotten that far yet. Good luck!

10:53 PM  
Blogger roamroller said...

i meant funkysmith! i'll probably start using my real name from now on! :)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you have been busy!

I love the cookbook idea - I may have to steal that one.

12:18 PM  
Blogger David James said...

Apna Showroom clutches clips for hair combo set for women And Girls pack of 6
Apna Showroom Newborn Baby Boys and Baby Girl's Woolen Sweaters (0-3 Months Multicolored apsw_Baby_Products_325)
Apna Showroom Unisex Baby's Cotton Panties/Underwear Pack of 12 (Multicolored apsw_Baby_Panties for 0-3-6-12-18-24 months
Baby Nail Cutter for New Born Nail Clipper | Nail Cutter for Infants Kids Baby Babies Stainless Steel with desent Look | Apna Showroom
Apna Showroom Grooming Hair Lice Combs knit combs for Men and Women's kids (apsw_girl_lice comb
lice and nit removals comb lice louse comb for kids women girls men boys ju nikalne wali khanghi nit louse removal comb plastic hair comb for men women girls apna showroom

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home