Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Big Boy, but still Little Guy

I really have to go finish the little fondant heart guys I promised Little Guy I would make for his class Valentine cupcakes. Then I have to make sure M.'s work clothes are dry and unwrinkled for a major presentation he has tomorrow (he's still at work practicing). Then I have to call my brother. And, of course, Zen, who never wakes in the night, is crying in her crib off and on. Plus, I only slept three hours last night (finished Kira-Kira and then couldn't sleep and then Little Guy wet himself on the way to get me to tell me had to go the bathroom at 3 am.)

BUT...

I just have to say that I hope I never forget the image of Little Guy, in his red, sports balls footie pajamas, having just fallen asleep on a cold, windy night, clutching two Lego guys, one in each hand.

His behavior has drastically improved, by the way. I think it might have been one of those things where he was on the verge of a developmental change, i.e., he poops! In the toilet! Without tears! Without tantrums or fits or writhings or self-created constipation! And he's also falling asleep much better than he had been. Very calm and low-key. No fighting the system. He'll be three-and-a-half on the 23rd of this month. I'll take it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liesl said...

Go, Little Guy, go! I'm glad to hear he's doing so well, and that you are having fun, even in the midst of sleep deprivation!

2:16 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

Yes, there is fun at times. Other times, definite boredom on my part. There is only a finite number of times I can play 'UPS man' without trying to make a break for it. Or begging him to play something else.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home