Friday, May 11, 2007

White Wedding

For those of you who were curious, the true statement from the Dessert section of this post is #2. I was pretty drunk by the end of my wedding reception and yes, I was drinking gross, horrible white zinfandel. (I've never been to England.) I mean I wasn't falling down or passing out, but I was pretty tipsy and so was everyone else who was still there at the end. Then I changed out of my wedding dress at a friend's house and a big group went out to a pub after the reception, my parents included. I was really nervous to get married and I hated all the attention on me. It was just all very surreal. And, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it was almost exactly one month after 9/11. Probably has nothing to do with it. But we did have to be at the airport awfully early because of that. In the picture they take of the passengers as they board a cruise ship, we look like tired, bedraggled wayfarers. It's a pretty funny picture.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I had a hard time deciding which was the true statement, but I had a sneaking suspicion it was the zinfandel! I love a glass of red wine now and then but since I drank way too much white wine in my early 20s, now I can't stand the stuff. Same thing with peach schnapps!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lesley--Yep, anything I overdid in college is totally off limits now. Like Goldschlager. So disgusting. And probably hard cider. Which is gross to begin with. I don't know why I was even drinking that in college. Now I'm pretty much a beer and wine girl with a gin and tonic thrown in every now and then.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Liesl said...

I felt the same way at my wedding - I hated all the attention. In retrospect, we should have just had a backyard party with a few friends and the minister. I was too nervous to even drink much - maybe that would have helped ;-)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Liesl-A backyard party sounds fantastic. Definitely wish we could have done something like that!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home