Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday's Feast

Feast 142

Appetizer
Name something you would not want to own.
a cat (I'm allergic and just not a cat person.)

Soup
Describe your hair (texture, color, length, etc.).
Well, it's brown. I've always said that it's the same as Eddie Vedder's hair from Pearl Jam when he had it long. (I couldn't find a good picture from the early 90s, sorry.) So what I mean by that is that it has a frizz/wave to it with sometimes actual curls. I've always wanted poker straight hair. I straightened it every day in high school (with the blow dryer; I use a straightener now) that when I occasionally went to school with it natural, people always asked me if I got a perm So it's a few inches past shoulder-length now. I've been just letting it grow. I haven't had it long in a long time. And, I have my first all-over dye job now, but my roots need touching up. My mom did it a few months ago. I'm just like her, grays at 31. Her mom was a colorist in a salon as a career and my mom has the gene for doing good hair.

Salad
Finish this sentence: I’ll never forget ______the days my kids were born_____.

Main Course
Which famous person would you like to be for one day? Why?
Oh, if there's one thing I don't ever want to be, it's famous. I'd be too freaked out thinking about all the people who know who I am. Writers can be famous, though, without too many people knowing what you look like or too much about you. So let's say Elizabeth Berg or someone like that. Very successful and well-liked but not too much in the public eye. Then again, it might be fun to be Oprah, just for the day.

Dessert
Write one sentence about yourself that includes one thing that is true and another thing that is not.
So I guess you have to guess which is the true one and which isn't. OK, here they are:

1. I went to London in my early twenties and LOVED it.

2. I got really drunk on white zinfandel (yuck!) at my own wedding reception.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bookfool said...

I hope #1 is correct!

And, I'd hate to be famous, too. In fact, I can't bear the thought of not having my privacy - I can't imagine how anyone summons up the guts to be on American Idol and not only put themselves out there in the public eye because they desire to be famous, but also allow people to critique them. shiver

But, I love cats (even though I'm allergic to them) and I embrace my natural curl (even though some days it's just natural frizz). I just added you to my links. Hope that's okay. :)

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding me, Bookfool! Oh and I forgot to say that I, too, am embracing my natural frizz/wave nowadays. I think it was around when I turned 30 that I really started enjoying my own natural unruly hair. Now I only straighten it occasionally.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Heh - the grass is always greener! I've got straight, straight hair that wouldn't hold a curl if you super-glued it. And I always wished it was curly, or at least wavy. But now that I have kids, it's kind of nice to have low-maintenance, if boring, hair.

And I really want to know - what's true and what's false in the dessert section?

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home