Thursday, June 19, 2008

The June Post!

Apparently the 19th is my day to write a blog post.

Hi! 6:56 am reporting for duty. Why does an almost four-year-old wake up at 6:30 more than he wakes up at 8, when he's not falling asleep at night earlier than 8 or 9? He used to get up at 8 consistently. Now, 6:30, 6:45, 7:00. Early. And today Zen got up crying at 5:30 so I thought she was up for the day. I took her downstairs, but before I could even change her diaper, she fell right to sleep while I was holding her. So I put her back in bed and she slept for an hour, until 6:30 when The Boy turned off the fan we use for white noise (our upstairs is really little so we hear every little thing.)

Anyway, here we are. Rising and shining. Now the question is: how do I fill a 15-hour summer day with an almost-four and a 15-monther? We've already gone to the Children's Museum (it's not that good there and I, for one, am bored with it since we are members). Playgrounds are a staple of every day when it't not too hot. We have a big baby pool on the deck that's been good, but for only so long each day. There's a really historic pretty park with a petting zoo but, well, been there done that and also went to a birthday party there in late May. Maybe we'll take a picnic there today. I'm thinking about going the state park near here but I don't have a double jog stroller. I really want one of those sid-by-side ones for walks.

Well, today I know we'll go food shopping because we were so low yesterday, I was able to wash down the whole refrigerator. And I have to start nephew's Pokemon birthday cake for this weekend. I hope Zen's not sick. Maybe we'll go the teacher store and get tempera paints and big paper. Or finger paints.

Hmm, the June post leaves a little something to be desired, no? I'm just too tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liesl said...

Do you have a MOMS Club in your town? You could google it to find out if you don't know. They offer lots of inexpensive activies for children, and even a Moms Night Out once a month! I joined ours just to survive last summer and ended up staying I like it so much :)

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we have a few MOM's Clubs in the area (by zipcode). I thought about it but my kids' would scream crazy if I left them in the playroom while I went to the business meeting. I took N. to MOPS once and forever after he asked me if I was going to leave him in the scary playroom ever again. :) I am thinking about joining Mothers and More or whatever because there's one that meets in my church at the same time that N is in preschool there.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home