Monday, February 04, 2008

Eleven Months



Really. Wow. Little Guy's first year felt like three times the duration of Zen's first year. I can't believe she will be a year old in one month. ONE MONTH!


So, she doesn't crawl. Little Guy started crawling a week before he turned eleven months. (He didn't walk until 15 months.) She gets around by doing the army trench move. Like this...


But without the gun. Instead she wields Tinker Toys, train tracks, huge Legos, and other contraband she swipes from Little Guy's playing field.

A few hours ago, though, she pulled to standing using the toddler couch for support. So, it wasn't actually to standing straight up because the little couch is so low, but she was on her feet. Then she climbed right over the back. It'll all even out soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger ItchyBits said...

That picture just brings back a flood of memories and feelings. I miss mine at that age - I have a new appreciation for it now that I have been through it. I just miss the feeling of picking them up and carrying them around. Watching their coordination develop...although loving all the cute spastic movements. Thank god my youngest still likes to crawl into my lap at night. My oldest does too but for a very short duration...the uncool meter just goes crazy ya know.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Bettybetty-I already kind of know what you mean! I was washing bottles today and realized that this is the last month (approx.) that we will be using bottles. No more baby bottles in the house. Ever. Since she's the last kid (at least that's the plan) I'm trying to cherish all her baby things and moments, but it's going fast.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Aw, the back of her head looks so sweet in that photo. Happy first year!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Nomadshan--was that sarcastic because I never post pictures of them? :) Or maybe not...I suppose she does have a sweet back of the head.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cutie pie!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

She's darling! Wish we could see her face.

As to the evening out thing . . . you are so right. I say enjoy her lack of mobility while you can. My first walked at 9 months and my second took his first steps the day he turned 8 months old. By the next day, he was running. It was so scary. I spent the next 5 years chasing him. :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Wow, she looks so sweet in that photo. I can't believe Kieran is almost one himself. It just feels wrong to be planning a party because, like you say, the first year with Liam seemed much longer!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

No sarcasm! I find the backs of wee ones' heads very sweet. Something in the swirl of their hair is really precious.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home