Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


We had a really wonderful Christmas and New Year this year. M. took off from work for the whole week of Christmas and we had some great family time. He had been working late and on weekends so much throughout the fall so we needed that time together. It's been such a great Christmas I already can't wait for Christmas next year and I've never been like that. Usually as soon as New Year's Day passes, I'm like, "Get this stale Christmas stuff out of here." But so far, I'm still enjoying all the decorations. Of course, I will be taking it all down this week anyway.

I don't like New Year's Resolutions because who sticks to them? But there is something exciting and hopeful about planning changes you'll make in the new year and ways your life can be different and better, right? So I decided just to focus on budget and organization this year. I can't make diet a resolution because that puts too much focus on it. It puts too much importance on it and makes any change feel like an obligation for some reason. So I'm just keeping in mind that I had started Weight Watchers Flex plan last May and then the Core Plan in October. I totally went off in December but now I'm starting again. I hope I didn't do too much damage this month.

Reflections on 2007:

1. Last year at this time I was pregnant. So hard to believe! Now I'm starting to think about a first birthday cake. Zen will be 10 months this week.

2. Little Guy got rid of pacifiers, moved to a big boy bed, got halfway potty-trained, and started preschool (besides getting a new little sister).

3. My brother got married (although we were not invited and didn't even know about it until three weeks later...story later.)

4. My sister graduated from culinary school and moved to Queens. She's in Hawaii right now.

5. Little Guy turned three and had his first train ride.

Not much went on with me except for the childbirth part, I guess. Oh, and I did start my bookkeeping job a year ago which is still going great and I love it. This year maybe I'll be able to focus a little more on myself...work on Spanish, more submitting of essays, more working on writing.

More blogging?

3 Comments:

Blogger ItchyBits said...

Yes! More blogging! Happy New Year! Peace and Love

2:26 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Happy New Year! I was just reflecting on how I was pregnant at this time last year, too. And how Liam started nursery school, and is halfway out of diapers...sounds like we're living in the same house!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you visited my blog and I'm happy I came over here too. :)
Please tell me the secrets of how you acheived #2, as we are trying to do all of those (except preschool) with my oldest. She's doing good on the big girl bed, so-so on potty training, but the BINKY weaning...HOLY SHMOLY.

Happy new year to you!
xoxo
Leigh

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home