Monday, January 21, 2008

Five Things

I was tagged by Kirsten at Nose in a Book!

5 things I was doing 10 years ago
So that would be early 1998--I was 22
1. living in New Jersey in my parents' house having just finished student teaching kindergarten in my hometown
2. working full-time at Barnes & Noble cafe
3. listening to Alice by the Cocteau Twins every night on the way home from work
4. started temping in a law firm that spring
5. moved to Richmond August 1998--wow, I'll have been here 10 years this August?


5 things on my to-do list today
1. I would like to buy myself new socks
2. return Little Guy's jeans to Old Navy--5T's are still too big
3. clean and organize this desk area and the kitchen cabinet
4. buy more items from the wishlist of a women's shelter to bring to them Thursday
5. make Zen Baby's twelve-month check-up appointment


5 things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. buy a new house
2. help my parents get a house or property in California
3. travel
4. maybe buy a small house at the Outer Banks to use and rent out
5. help my sister buy the bed and breakfast she wants in Hawaii


5 things I'll never wear again
1. floofy scrunchies
2. hi-top sneakers
3. jams
4. jelly bracelets
5. Skidz
I had the very same ones as the guy on the right except my squares were magenta. My friend Kristin had them, too, in blue. And were soooo comfortable. I loved wearing them to high school. I also will never wear black Z. Cavaricci pants with the vertical white label at the zipper.


5 favorite toys
1. Barbie's--A-#1 favorite toy
2. sticker book
3. bike
4. something called a Learning Machine, I think
5. Speak & Spell and Speak & Math


No tagging...if you do it, I will read it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

OMG - Z. Cavariccis, I totally forgot about those! I never owned a pair myself, but they were BIG when I was in high school :) Great meme! I noticed you are originally from NJ; I am originally from NY (the part that borders NJ) - I wonder if Cavariccis were even bigger where we were from than say the Midwest ;)

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten--I had one pair of Cavariccis because they were so expensive. And what I wore with them? A black and white bulky sweater with black and red geometric shapes all over it! And I tucked it in! Yeah, the "guido" factor probably made them more popular in our area, I'm sure. :)

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I only wore them in junior high--1987-88-ish, I'm thinking
8th grade.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had Speak and SpelL! Loved it!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home