Thursday, January 24, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


What’s your favorite book that nobody else has heard of? You know, not Little Women or Huckleberry Finn, not the latest best-seller . . . whether they’ve read them or not, everybody “knows” those books. I’m talking about the best book that, when you tell people that you love it, they go, “Huh? Never heard of it?”



I love a book called The Day I Became an Autodidact by Kendall Hailey. I found it at a used bookstore a few years ago. I was just aimlessly browsing, something about the spine attracted me, I pulled it out, bought it, and loved it.

Kendall Hailey wrote the book as a teenager when her parents allowed her to take a year off, not go to college, and become one who teaches herself--an autodidact. I fancy myself somewhat of an autodidact, or someone with the heart of an autodidact, hence Dabbling Dilettante, so here I found a soulmate. Also, is it safe to say that 99% of book bloggers love books about reading? Autodidact has books, lists, reading, learning, coming-of-agedness--everything I love. Now I want to reread it!

Kendall is now 41, I think, and her husband has this blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger pussreboots said...

Sounds like an interesting book. Happy BTT.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home