Friday, January 18, 2008

Because if I Want Blog Friends, I have to post, right?

I'm so ambivalent about blogging! Do I want a Mommy blog? Do I want a book blog? Can I have both? Should they be separate or the same blog? Do I want to blog at all? These are the questions that keep me up at night. Not really, because Arrowsmith usually knocks me out in five minutes.

So what do any of you think? I know I need to post more and I LOVE reading blogs. I love all my blog-friends. And I want to keep you and be a part of it all.

But see, now it's 11:22 am and I have to go get Kari out of her crib and get her dressed and make her a bottle. Then I have to find some kind of treat for Nick (that just sounds weird...I don't know if these names will last) because I always bring him a treat of some kind when I pick him up from preschool (teddy grahams, a bank lollipop, a Christmas candy cane). It's a bad habit from those first few weeks of school that were hell. Then I have to get his epipen and Zyrtec together and put them in the diaper bag because we're meeting M. for lunch at P.F. Chang's. Oh yeah, I have to put some baby food and a spoon in there, too. And a bib. And Purell. And wipes. Better go get started.

But I just spent the better part of the preschool/nap respite reading Finslippy archives. And I don't feel too bad about that because, as every blogging mom knows, she makes you feel normal and ok, with laughing. My mom (kids 32, 29, 24--she is the queen of revisionist history) and sister (no kids, not married) have this idea that Little Guy should have gotten completely potty-trained on the day he turned 2 1/2, that he should never say a word while I'm on the phone, that he should sleep peacefully in his bed from 7 pm-7 am and be happy and grateful to get into said bed at night, etc. So now I feel better. 11:29! Must get ready!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

I'd say keep the blog, just do one for simplicity's sake (I like reading about the mommy things, too!) and just write when you feel like it and can find the time! Heck, I go weeks without posting and I don't even have the reasonable excuse of having two young folks around!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Lesley- Thanks! I think I will do just that. Two blogs would be too much to keep up with and I don't think I'm reading enough to justify a whole separate book blog.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I love reading your blog posts, but I do hear you about finding the time and I don't have kids yet! I find that work, life, etc., just get in the way of blog posting sometimes. I do have 2 blogs - one for books, one for crafting and I debate every now and then whether to just combine them into one to save time. I feel like I am always noticing something or thinking of something and saying to myself "That would make a good blog post" but then I forget or never get to it. In any case, I look forward to more of your posts whenever you do find the time!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home