Sunday, December 02, 2007

Monthly Post

I should start doing some memes again to work myself back into blogging.

So today we're decorating for Christmas. Yay! While Little Guy and Big Guy are at the food store, I have to straighten up the living room. Now's my chance b/c Zen is asleep. But...I'm still online.

In other news, I've lost 18.5 lbs. since May--9 since October 29. My secret is...Weight Watchers Core program. It's fabulous.

I just read Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene. (See sidebar for link.) It's now one of my top ten favorite books ever. Maybe top five.

Also, I'm on Pulitzer 7--So Big by Edna Ferber. A movie was made based on it in the thirties but Netflix doesn't have it and neither does our library system. We've seen every movie that was based on the winners I've read so far, like Age of Innocence, Alice Adams, The Magnificent Ambersons. I'm sure I can find So Big for cheap on eBay or Half.com but I don't really want to buy it.

OK, I will post again before December is out!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I think I accidently closed my comment... So, did you know there was a sequel to the Bette Greene book? "Morning is a Long Time Coming". Sorry if I posted twice...

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Do tell us more about the Bette Greene novel.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Kailana--I did not know that! If there is another chance to get back to Patty and Ruth, I'll take it! (Going to look it up in the library catalog right now.)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

Funky--Thank you!
I'll write more about it (the book). It's YA, but I think you'd love it from what I know about you. :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger ItchyBits said...

I need to know more about the weightloss - the core plan seems harder than the flex.

I am tagging you because you have fallen off the blogging wagon:

http://itchybits.blogspot.com/2007/12/7-random-things.html

12:03 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Congrats on the weight loss, that is incredible!!! Yay!!!

And, if you don't post until January, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I loved Summer of My German Soldier. I haven't read it since I was -- hmm, in seventh grade? Now I think I need to find a copy to see if I still feel the same way. Thanks for the reminder!

(Oh, and good to hear from you!)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I hope you're enjoying preparing for Christmas and finding some time for some R&R (relaxing and reading!)

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home