Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jealous Mistress

I really need to get back into writing on here again. I miss it. But you know who the jealous mistress is? myspace. Yes. I'm like a seventeen-year-old. It's so freaking addictive. The kids are sleeping better now so I can't blame it on them.

Anyway, I'm reading Alice Adams, the fourth Pulitzer winner. I need to get my notes together on those. Not even necessarily to post, but since it really looks like I'm doing this, I'd like to be a little bit organized.

Off to the beach Saturday.
These are from last year. I can't believe he was only 23 mo. and turned two at the beach last year and now he's turning 3. It seems like such a huge age difference. Yet, interestingly enough, the swimmer diapers are still present. :)




6 Comments:

Blogger Ana S. said...

Hi Camille,

I'm not sure if you've heard this yet, but 3M is hosting the Pulitzer Project - the aim is to do exactly what you're doing, read all Pulitzer winners. There is no time limit and a group blog was started for it: http://pulitzerproject.blogspot.com/

I thought of you right away when I saw it!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

Have fun on your beach trip. That looks so peaceful :)

Also, if you have any luck exiling the diapers, let me know. Three weeks until nursery school starts, and we have zero potty training progress.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Nymeth--Thanks for thinking of me! It turns out that 3M left me a comment on my last post asking me to join, so I went over and put my name in. It's nice to know you're not alone! :)

Liesl--We're phasing out diapers entirely now and switching to pull-ups (which I swore I'd never use.) He practices with underpants now and then but yesterday he peed on the living room rug. No progress here either and nursery school is looming on the horizon!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

Love the photos, especially little one with daddy - always a favorite!! I have a very similar picture of my husband walking on the Biloxi pier when eldest was 3 and it's an all-time favorite of mine.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Suey said...

I finally made a myspace just the other day to keep tabs on what my teenagers are doing over there.

And just now I joined the Pulitzer Project! Hey, I figure, might as well!

Great pictures!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bookfool-Yes, those pictures are the best. It just accentuates how very little the little guy is. :)

Suey-It's amazing how addictive myspace is. I think that's pretty smart of you to have joined. And hey, you can find some old classmates while you're at it! :)

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home