Tuesday, July 31, 2007

1:24 am

That's the time it is right now as I type this sentence. Ever since Fourth of July, Little Guy has not been sleeping through the night and ever since about a week ago, Zen Baby isn't either. Tonight is Little Guy's first night in his big boy bed and so far he is doing great. He couldn't wait to get in it first of all. By the time we got it upstairs and situated in his room, it was about 7:30 and he looked outside and said, "It's night-time!" He couldn't get into his pajamas fast enough. It took awhile for him to settle down after we read books (two dixie cups of water, one potty try, lots of songs) but he finally went to sleep and he seems way more comfortable than he was in the crib.

Then Baby got up about 11 and stayed up. Until now. Finally she's getting fussy as I type this. OK, anybody still out there? I'll be back!

Yes, I'm reading, too! Age of Innocence. LOVE IT.

And I read most of Gone to New York: Adventures in the City for the Armchair Traveler Reading Challenge.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, am happy to hear from you again! Sounds like you are doing really well balancing both kids--not easy, I'm sure!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

You're alive! I totally empathize - neither of my kids sleeps through the night. Some nights are better than others, but it's always hard to get up in the morning...

9:19 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

Oh, glad you finally posted! The Age of Innocence is an old favorite of mine. Have you seen the movie? Best of luck getting the kids to sleep. It's exhausting, but aren't they just so darned cute? I hope you're eating up every minute. It goes so fast.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're starting to get some more sleep since you posted!

That New York book sounds interesting - was it?

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home