Friday, June 08, 2007

State of the Night Table



Danielle recently asked if anyone was willing to share a picture of their night table's book piles and I happened to have one already on the computer, so here it is.

Actually, this picture was taken on 7/19/05, so just about two years ago and the funny thing is, it looks almost exactly the same. The main difference is that the big pile on the floor is now two piles on the shelf under the table. A few of those books I've read like Confederates in the Attic, Bel Canto, The Known World, and The History of Love and are still sitting there. But some I still haven't gotten to yet like The Historian, Blue Latitudes, and PrairyErth.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh too funny! Just goes to show that there will always be new books piling up on the nightstand.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!! I also have stacks sitting on the floor, which I didn't show. After the pile gets too big, I shift them to bookshelves, but the space never stays clear for long!! I have some of the same books. Have you read A Midwife's Tale? I would like to read her books eventually, but I hear they are fairly slow going--somewhat academic.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Your nightstand looks just like mine - overflowing with books :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Suey said...

Looks very familiar! Love it!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who has piles of unread books that keep getting bigger. I keep getting new books from various places, promise my self I'll read it, and then life gets in the way...

9:04 PM  
Blogger Literary Feline said...

I must be the only booklover who doesn't pile the nightstand with books. LOL I think I should start after looking at your picture! Mine are piled in other places for sure, just not on my nightstand. :-)

10:32 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my! This looks just like my house!! I would be AFRAID to post any of my pictures! My husband keeps threatening to call Dr. Phil on me!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Margo. said...

I loved The History of Love! :)

Love your book pile, there's nothing better than seeing a whole pile of books to be read. :)

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home