Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mini Vacation!

See ya, folks. I'm off to upstate New York for my sister's graduation from The Culinary Institute of America. My sister will officially be a chef. I'll only be gone until Saturday--it's a mini-trip because I can't leave Zen Baby (Thanks, Liesl!) for too long.

I really and truly need this break. It'll just be my parents and me going. I think I need some uninterrupted sleep, some time to be me, and some space to clear my mind a little bit. Because I'm absolutely addled. Here are some of the things I've done in the past week alone:

  • trimmed 8 of my 10 fingernails and didn't notice for days
  • took out the kitchen garbage and never put a new garbage bag in--when M. went to take it out on garbage day, it was full and NASTY with leftovers, eggs, green pepper cores and tomato scraps, coffee grounds, etc.
  • tried to get Little Guy to leave the house without shoes on, again
  • walked right past my car after leaving Borders and tried to get into someone else's with my key (I think that one disturbed Little Guy a little)
  • my friend just told me her cell phone number and I wrote it down. Then got in the car and tried to call it, but got it one number off and called her husband instead. When I met her I told her she had given me the wrong number. When I got home, I saw that I had written down the correct one.
  • put Zen Baby (in her carrier) in the car without strapping her in--luckily I noticed before I drove away
  • continuously forget to buy things at the store
  • I think there was one more but I forgot it.

Plus I was up last night from 2 am to 5 am with Zen Baby.

I have 60 pages to go on His Family. So I'll work on that tonight and on the plane (short flight to Newark) and I'll bring The Magnificent Ambersons to start there. After I finish that, it'll probably be July and I can start in on the Book Awards Challenge.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to your sister. So is she making the celebration dinner? :)

Hope you have a wonderful time and get some much needed relaxation!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kimmie said...

It coes sound like you need a break. Have fun.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like you could use the mini-vacation! Hope it goes well. Wow, how awesome to be graduating from the Culinary Institute!! That would be just like heaven to me!! Hope she's cooking!!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

You're welcome! Enjoy your trip :)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Dewey said...

You need some sleep! I hope you get plenty of it, plus have a really great time, at your sister's graduation.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Lord woman, you almost sound pregnant again!! :)

Have fun and get some rest. And congrats to your sis! That is SO cool that she is graduating from the CIA!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Dewey said...

I hope you're having a good time. I came back to tell you that you won a doll in the blogroll game, so when you get home, please email me to choose a doll.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, lucky you to visit the school! Looks like you and I have a lot in common. I was born and raised in NJ and still live here. I am also an avid reader and baker, having graduated from a culinary school in NYC back in 2000. Thanks for joining The Written Word.
Stephanie
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home