Sunday, June 24, 2007

Books! I Bought Some

Coming from Amazon:

Stick Kid by Peter Holwitz
saw this on Hidden Side of a Leaf and had to have it


Uncommon Carriers by John McPhee
I'm a huge John McPhee fan and this just came out in paperback


Gone to New York: Adventures in the City by Ian Frazier
I love creative nonfiction (see above) and I'm an Ian Frazier fan, too. So I thought this one would be good for the Armchair Traveler Challenge.


See You in 100 Years: Four Seasons in Forgotten America by Logan Ward
This is a local writer-he's a member of the writers' organization for which I am the bookkeeper. I thought it might qualify for the Armchair Traveler Challenge and also I like to read the locals' work.


Sleepless Nights by Elizabeth Hardwick
To read along with the Slaves of Golconda.

Bought yesterday at my favorite used bookstore:

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
I've been hearing great things about this from other book bloggers. I love YA books and I used to be a big vampire-book reader so there you go.

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Again, heard good things from book bloggers.

Bought at Borders last week:

The Night Watch by Sarah Waters
I've never read Sarah Waters--thought I'd rectify that situation

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got some great books there! As someone who's read more than her share of vampire lit, I'm curious as to what you'll think of Twilight.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh a book splurge - how fun. I was one of those who raved about Twilight so I hope you enjoy it. I'm eagerly awiting Eclipse. I think it's out in August. And, hope you enjoy Sarah Waters. I've read two of her books and thought they were fabulous.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Twilight is awesome! I'm counting down the days for Eclipse. :)

Have you tried any of Scott Westerfeld's stuff? It's pretty good.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I hope you enjoy Twilight and The Book Thief as much as I did. They both made my top 10 last year. :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Enjoy Twilight - I loved it! I've got The Book Thief in my TBR pile too.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

The Book Thief is FANTASTIC! Best book I've read this year. Don't forget the tissues though!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Dewey said...

Ooh, The Book Thief! I keep meaning to get that, and forgetting.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy Twilight - it is a really fun read!
Stephanie
thewrittenword.wordpress.com

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home