Saturday, May 26, 2007

Judging Mommy

I don't like judging other moms. I'm sure I've been judged by other moms myself but so often, as with judging anyone, you just don't know the whole story. I believe that almost all parents are doing what they think is best or OK for their children. But (and here comes the hypocritical part) I had to share what I overheard at the park the other day.

Two moms with three toddlers who looked like they were about 18 months old. The toddlers are all gathered around one of the moms who is handing out and unwrapping Starbursts. She says, "Eat your candy. Eat your candy and then we'll go to McDonald's as soon as we leave here."

That's all I'm gonna say.

For mother-judging karma, here is something you can get me on: Little Guy watches either PBS Kids or Playhouse Disney every morning. Or some Nick Jr. because they have Dora and Diego, the Backyardigans, and Wonder Pets.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bybee said...

I did EVERYTHING wrong with my son. You name it, I probably had the Mommy Committee abuzz. It's a miracle and nothing else that he's alive and well at 22. They grow up and thrive in spite of us.

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Bybee, your comment is quite a relief to me. Some days, when I feed him frozen chicken nuggets (no trans fats!) for lunch or let him watch TV, I worry that I'm scarring him for life. Or when I leave the baby crying to change Little Guy's diaper, forget about it!

12:54 PM  
Blogger meli said...

I'm sure if you care about him and pay him attention you're doing fine. The mums who only watch tv and constantly tell their kids to shut up, and remind them of how bad they are, are the ones that bother me. My neighbour in Leeds, for example.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home