Saturday, April 14, 2007

Oh Yeah, I Got This

Six weeks is definitely a magic milestone, of sorts. Not only is one almost fully recovered from a C-section, but the baby calms down a little bit and seems to start to get into the swing of things, getting a Circadian rhythm and all that. Or maybe it's the mother who starts to calm down a bit, getting used to having a newborn again and not so mystified by the crying and fussiness and feeling more confident in dealing with it. And, the big brother, having seemed to grow into a huge, monstrous, tantruming giant of a toddler, has gradually shrunk back down to normal size and is once again and a lively, demanding, yet mostly obedient, friendly and sweet two-and-a-half-year old.

So Thursday the three of us embarked upon a journey of errands for the first time. CVS to drop off digital pictures (I guess you don't say "drop off" anymore, as we're not dropping off film, but downloading our pictures into the Kodak kiosk), the bank, and Barnes & Noble to get coffee and hang out by the Thomas the Train set. It was a wonderful success, especially the part where I almost forgot to go to the bank and Little Guy reminded me by saying, "Are we to the bank?" My little errand administrator was rewarded with a yucky blue bank lollipop, but he enjoyed most of it.

Then Friday we had a lovely playdate with a "friend" of Little Guy's and my friend, his mom, at a playground. The boys played so well together and ate lunch at the picnic table. Very cute. This occupied the whole morning and we weren't home until 1:00. But then time stopped in the afternoon and between 1 and 3 felt like six hours. Falling asleep on the playroom floor while Little Guy pretended he was the doctor and kept giving me medicine and telling me to "cry because you're sick" didn't help matters. So we went to Starbucks. They let me have a chocolate soy milk for him in a tiny little coffee cup for $.40 and we sat at the table together with our cups. He acted like such a big boy and looked hilarious with his coffee cup with the coffee lid and everything.

Also, the house is pretty damn clean and straightened. And I even cooked dinner a few times, Risi e Bisi last night, for example, while two kids screamed in my ears, one of them saying, "Can I have a rolly-pop?," literally about 85 times. And we have three Moms Walking Tours set up, we signed up for a thing called Art in the Park where we go four Wednesdays in May to the park where Little Guy can do an art project and then play and, I'm sure we'll have lunch with Daddy one of these weeks. So, yeah, I have to say, I just might be getting used to having two kids.


Blogger Lisa said...

Do you have Walgreens where you live? You can upload your digital photos on their website and pick them up 1 hour later! No waiting, no using the kiosk. You can send them to any walgreens in the country too, so if you live far from family it's easy to share. I bet CVS does it too.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

I'm glad to hear there's hope! We've got a sick 3 year old, sick mommy, and daddy of little patience at the moment - we've set a record for intensity of tantrums this morning. Ack!

Thanks for the inspiration :)

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Camille said...

Lisa-Yes, we have Walgreens, I'll have to look into that. Actually I think we tried this before with CVS but there was a problem with cookies on our computer (it rejects them). But I know there's a way around it.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Camille said...

Liesl - Oh no! I hope everyone is better soon! We just had the opposite last week where we had a sick toddler and a sick daddy with a hacking cough. I didn't want him breathing on the baby too much so I was doing EVERYTHING. Now I think she's starting the six-week growth spurt, so I am tired! But at least we're doing some outings. :)

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home