Friday, April 13, 2007

Dystopian Challenge

So I said I wouldn't do any more challenges for awhile because A. I never finish them and B. I don't have time for excessive reading at this point. But lo and behold! there is a Dystopian Challenge going on. Did you know there is a blog that is a sort of roundup of lots of different reading challenges? That's how I found Books. Lists. Life who is hosting a little Dystopian Challenge. And it doesn't end until November 6. Q. will be EIGHT MONTHS OLD by then. I can't even imagine.

So since I'm already reading A Canticle for Leibowitz, that's one of my books. I also plan to read:
The Handmaid's Tale, of course.
The Postman by David Brin
maybe re-read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, I don't remember when I read this, high school, I think
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Children of Men by P.D. James because I saw the movie last weekend and really didn't like it, but I suspect the book is way better, as is often the case

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I would like to know if Q.'s name really starts with Q?
Second I would like to tell you that you've inspired me to make a list for myself, since I haven't been able to finish any books lately. I thought making a list might help.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Actually, her middle name starts with Q. Her first name starts with K.

Speaking of lists, I also think I'm going to put a To Be Read list on my sidebar because I see so many books online that I want to read and then I forget them all. I tried making a paper list to carry with me so I'll have it when I go to the library or a bookstore, but it's never complete. And it gets all ratty and crumpled in my pocketbook.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm so glad you're joining us on the challenge, it should be fun!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links--I will have to check them out. As weird as it sounds, I really like Dystopian literature!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home