Friday, February 16, 2007

Blah Winter, Early Spring

So the news says that in about two weeks, we'll start to have higher than average temperatures again. What?! We've only had about a month of actually cold winter! That's not enough for me. And to make matters worse, almost every single blog I read talks about being snowed in and freezing, while posting numerous pictures of the icy and snowy trees. Well, no snow here. I think we had one tiny day of flurries. This is no kind of winter. This is the only blog that makes me feel better about my winter. I mean, yes, it's been in the 20s and 30s all this month and some of January, but I needed more. I remember the good old days when I actually needed a winter coat and there were snow days and I actually needed covers at night (but that's probably because I wasn't pregnant). Anyway, I'm sitting here eating my Ben & Jerry's coffee ice cream and thinking maybe I should just embrace it. I saw about 10 minutes of the movie Aquamarine yesterday and those girls looked all cute and summery and I thought, Hey, warm weather's not so bad. But I do like it better when it's in the right season.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Liesl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Yeah, this winter has been strange. We had this crazy sleet storm last week, but that's really all the wintry weather we've had at all. Although you never know, sometimes the big storms come in late February and early March.

I'm almost 37 weeks myself, and I've been sweating at night. Thank goodness it isn't August :)

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been the same here - a few cold nights worthy of a fire, but otherwise it's been really mild. I admit I am looking forward to seeing the leaves back on the trees!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home