Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's Cold Again Today

First of all, I'm washing baby clothes right now. It's really weird to open the washing machine and smell that sweet Dreft smell waft out. Yes, it was only two years ago that Toddler was a newborn, but it seems like a long time.

Library trip yesterday. Storytime. Did we go in to the storytime and sing with the librarian and listen to a story with the other little kids? No.

Did we cry at the top of our lungs while checking out books on the self-service machine? Yes! And, of course, three of the books wouldn't work on the machine so we had to go to the front desk. But by the time we ran to the lobby and put on our coats, Toddler/thirteen-year-old-moody-person-in-disguise was in quite a pleasant state again. Even proclaiming as we got into the car, "It's quite cold!." This could come from too much exposure to English cartoons (Kipper, Charlie and Lola, but they're the best!)

So aside from about twelve new picture books (Bee Bim Bop", a very favorite, was, sadly, checked out) I found four more for myself:

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood--to go along with my dystopian fervor
The Language of Goldfish by Zibby O'Neal--to satisfy my YA fervor
Because of Winn-Dixie--because I have a great curiosity about Kate DiCamillo, also author of The Tale of Despereaux
Z for Zachariah by Robert O'Brien--recommended by Danielle also to help feed the dystopian/post-apocalyptic fervor

Also, I have now finished the first three books of Earthsea but I can't post about them now because Toddler just woke up from his nap.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Enjoy Handmaid's Tale. I like that she gives you just enough information to get your bearings in that story.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

My kids are sometimes so poorly behaved at the library that I want the floor to open up and swallow me. We go all the time, and yet somehow that constant exposure has done nothing to instill proper library etiquette (especially when I'm trying to select a book for myself).

Enjoy Handmaid's Tale -- it's one of my favorites!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Kate DiCamillo=wonderful!!!

I use the word 'quite' alot as well. Probably an exposure problem as well, I watch alot of Britcoms.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read The Handmaid's Tale several times--one of my favorites by Atwood! I gave The Tale of Despereaux to my niece, but I want to read it, too!

11:32 AM  
Blogger nessie said...

I adore the handmaids tale. The movie is amazing.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home