Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Three Accomplishments as Christmas Approaches

Christmas cards written and mailed, check.
Box of cookies defrosted, packaged, and sent to my brother in California, check.
Now I'm waiting for my Amazon shipment so I can get the CD from it and send a package to Boston. It's late for that, I know.
Then, no more shipping.

I finished Number the Stars, again by Lois Lowry. It's about two young girls who are best friends in Denmark during World War II, one is Jewish, one is not. When the Nazis come to take away the Jewish family, the other family helps them as much as they can. It was another one I couldn't put down and I learned things about WWII in Denmark that I hadn't known before.

Now I'm into A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Leguin, another childhood favorite. I know I read and loved this one, but I can't remember if I read any others in the trilogy or "cycle."

I'm still thinking of simultaneously starting Galileo's Daughter because it truly is from my stacks prior to the start of the From the Stacks Challenge and for some reason I'm being a stickler with myself and not including the YA books I've been reading for the challenge. It's not that I'm against switching out titles I'd listed for the challenge, but I guess they should really be from the stacks in my house and not the library.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Ooh, let me know if you like Galileo's Daughter. I actually abandoned it midway through because of my own issues with how poorly she was treated. I feel as if I should have been able to swallow that to complete the book, but I guess I'm not that big of a grownup yet!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

Suzanne- Oh good, now I'm sufficiently intrigued and motivated to actually get started on this. I'll definitely let you know what I think.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed Galileo's Daughter - I was sure I wasn't as I'm not a science person but it was fascinating. Hope you like it.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I think I am finally finished with all the Christmas stuff, too. Now time to enjoy. I have Galileo's Daughter on my TBR pile, too. Looking forward to hearing what you think about it!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Galileo's Daughter is such a wonderful book. I hope you enjoy it!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home