Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Christmas Weekend Everyone



OK, I'm sorry but my husband is just sweet. He made this train cake today with Toddler to take to Christmas Eve tomorrow. It's vegan so Toddler and Nephew can eat it since they're allergic to dairy and eggs. It was done in a Williams-Sonoma train pan that I got yesterday in the mail from my best friend in Boston. Yesterday we got a big wrapped box from her and today we got a box of wrapped presents from my sister that she had mailed before she left. She'll be in England for the whole holiday through New Year's. (I think she should have come here for half the time to be home for Christmas but whatever.)

I now have cookies spread around every surface of my kitchen on long sheets of wax paper defrosting to put together my final cookie platters. I already sent a big tin to CA and gave a platter to friends last night. I think I have enough for three or four more. At least this will give me a better gauge on how many platters I can make with 10 batches of cookies.

Christmas Eve tomorrow!! I was pretending I was in the southern hemisphere today, though, as I made sugar cookies in capri pants and flip flops. Sixty-seven degrees! I'm moving to Vermont.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're not the only cake talent in the family! That was very sweet of him, and it's a very cute cake!

Hope you have a great holiday!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I need to move to Vermont too...or to Denver! No white Christmas here! I enjoyed it just the same. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home