Monday, December 04, 2006

Challenge Organization

So I joined the From the Stacks Winter Reading Challenge hosted by Overdue Books. So far I've finished one book and I'm about halfway through the second. The challenge doesn't end until January 30, so I do have some time, although I did pick some big books for the list. I made a list of more than five that I said I might still choose from, replacing books from my "final" list, so I might have to do that to make the challenge more doable.

But now there is not one but TWO other challenges I'm interested in.
There is the 2007 Winter Classics Challenge from Booklogged at A Reader's Journal. For this, during the months of January and February, you have to read five classics. This I would love to do, but it overlaps with the From the Stacks Challenge. Booklogged allows for overlap but, unfortunately, very few of the books from my Stacks challenge list are classics. So I may have to hold off on that one until I see how I do with the Stacks Challenge, to which I am already committed.

The next upcoming challenge I'm interested in is the TBR Challenge from Mizbooks at Literary Cache. For this challenge, you read a book a month for the whole year from a list of books you've been wanting to read for 6 months or more.

Then there's the Chunkster Challenge from Bookfool. I'm thinking I won't be able to do this one (you can't do them all, can you?).

OK, I'm going to plug away at One L now while my next two batches of cookies are in the oven: Tea Cakes and Moravian Spice Cookies.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bookfool said...

Oh, heavens, I hardly got to squeeze in reading time when I had little ones running around - no way would I have attempted a chunkster! I agree, just join the ones that float your boat. I'm already getting intimidated by all the challenges I've decided to join but I really need to knock the TBRs down, read a few classics and tackle a few chunksters. We'll see what happens. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog!! I love SAHM's!!! My youngest is about to turn 15 and wants me to stay home till he is old enough (and experienced enough) to drive himself to school. Nyeh, why not? It's kind of nice when they're old enough that you can say, "Go do your homework. I'm going to wash your underwear and read." ;)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to do all of these! :) I will do the Classics one definitely.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home