Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Prep and Reading Progress

Man, I need to sit down. Not that I've been doing anything that strenuous, but I guess it's this belly that's starting to weigh me down. So . . . coconut cream pie--in the refrigerator (I'm eating leftover pie filling with whipped cream out of a coffee cup); cranberry muffins--in the oven. I'll probably make cranberry sauce, and Toddler's stuffing and mashed potatoes now during naptime. And then he can "help" me make his vegan pumpkin pie when he gets up. I'm making his sides here because he's allergic to dairy and eggs and this way my mom doesn't have to worry about holding stuff out for him before adding milk or worrying about which is a soy milk version and which is not. She has enough to cook as it is. And I know she won't be entirely concentrating on what she's doing because a)my sister is bringing her English boyfriend to meet everyone for the first time and it's also his first Thanksgiving and b)they're culinary students so my mom is a little intimidated about cooking for them. So my plan is to plug away at Mayflower during the little downtimes of my cooking this afternoon. Then if I have time after that, I'm so laying on the couch and reading until Toddler wakes up. It's rainy and chilly and perfect for reading.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! (and found some time to relax and read)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home