Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Impulse Buys

I'm not doing NaNoWriMo this month, but I decided to do something to help my writing anyway. Now that I'm not teaching cake decorating anymore, M. and I have agreed to still get me out of the house at least one evening per week. And that outing will be my writing night. I just can't get into the swing of writing at home. At naptime, I always want to do something else. And then by the time I'm done procrastinating, naptime is over. I tried getting up at 5 or 6 everyday for a while, but I'm too tired for that. Also, with a newborn on the way, that's not gonna happen. So in addition to that plan, I just bought two books that I'm hoping will help my writing and inspire me. One I've been wanting for a while, one I just heard about here. The one I've been wanting is:

13 Ways of Looking at the Novel
by Jane Smiley



and the one I read about on another blog is:

Reading Like a Writer: A Guide for People Who Love Books and for Those Who Want to Write Them

by Francine Prose


I ordered them from Amazon so I won't have them right away.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I just saw the second title somewhere the other day and was wondering about it. Let me know what you think once you have a looksee through it.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Camille. I hope you like the Prose book when it comes in. I now feel responsible for your reading enjoyment!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home