Wednesday, November 08, 2006

From the Stacks: Winter Reading Challenge


Winter Reading Challenge

I love the idea of the reading challenges and reading projects. I try to institute reading projects on myself, but they never last very long. I signed up for one of the blog reading challenges that go around once before but then I kind of quit blogging for awhile, so I didn't participate. But this one is great because it's all about targeting books you already have on your shelves that you haven't read yet. This is an ongoing issue for me as it seems to be for other bloggers, too. This challenge requires you to read five books you already own. Narrowing it down to five is the problem. I put Toddler in his bed for naptime and went into my room to creep around my shelves for a few minutes, taking inventory on what I had and what looked good enough to make it into the challenge. I came up with a list of eleven books.

As I started posting the comment saying that I was ready to join the challenge but wasn't ready with my list of five, I started listing five of the books anyway. Were they the choices of my subconscious? I guess. They are the ones in bold above. So I'll go with those, and like Lesley of A Life in Books, I, too, reserve the right to switch out.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah, I've already gone and added more book titles to my post, hopefully I'll manage to get through at least five of them!

Great list by the way. I loved Mayflower and The Historian - looking forward to seeing what you think of those if/when you read them.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

The Historian is terrific (I had to put my life on hold till I finished it!), as is Kavalier and Clay. Good luck with your list.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home